Job Opportunities in Madison, WI
POSITION: System Design Consultant/AV Technology Sales Representative
Established in 1987, J&K is a leading residential and commercial technology solutions provider located in Madison, WI. We design, build, and install the best low voltage systems integration technologies including home automation, lighting control, IT networking, A/V distribution, security, surveillance, and dedicated media rooms. Our 3,000 square foot showroom is second to none in the area, showcasing our commitment to quality and excellence.
We are currently seeking two System Design Consultants to join our team.
Top reasons to work at J&K SmartHome
- Work with the most established technology company in the Madison area.
- Work in an exciting field growing at over 25% per year.
- Join a family-owned business that believes in family values and individual integrity.
What you will be doing
- Create, identify, track, and cultivate sales opportunities for residential and commercial prospects including custom residential builders, remodelers, architects, interior designers, and other industry professionals.
- Craft and design systems that exceed client expectations using state-of-the-art technology products.
- Prepare system design documentation including work scopes and contracts.
- Execute a proven sales process focused on integrity and high quality customer interactions.
- Interact with a team including system engineers, installers, programmers, and technicians.
What we need in you
- Experience with sales and design of control, audio, video, networking, and security systems
o We prefer some experience in the design and sale of electronic systems, but will consider highly motivated, driven individuals without industry experience.
- College degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on detail
- Ability to work in a goal-driven sales environment
- Positive, can-do attitude; seeking solutions and not problems
- Willingness to work as a team for the benefit of the organization and our clients
- Creativity and the desire to make clients happy by providing unique solutions
Job hours are 8:00 – 5:00 Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekends will be required. Overnight travel to attend trainings and trade shows may be required. This position requires a valid state driver’s license.
Compensation: We are offering an attractive package with a base salary plus commission. Vacation, 401(k), dental, long-term disability, and health insurance included. A training and development pay package is also an option for qualified candidates.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to be in control of their own destiny. A motivated person will have plenty of opportunity to build a solid income and customer base in a dynamic industry. Our experience shows that talented and motivated System Design Consultants can earn $60K+ in this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com