Maybe you want to save the planet, or maybe you just want to save money on your energy bills. Either way, Control4 home automation helps you conserve energy and save money. With plenty of options to manage all of the power-consuming products in your home, you’ll have lots of choices that allow you to reduce your impact on the environment.
- Set your house to “Away” when you leave—even if you’re just out for the day. If your automation system knows there’s nobody home, it can take steps to conserve energy for you.
- Adjust the default setting for your lights from 100 to 90 percent. You probably won’t even notice the difference, but you’ll save enough energy to reduce up to 850 pounds of carbon dioxide each year—the equivalent of not driving a car for an entire month.
- Use a “Green” setting to reduce HVAC usage instantly, turn off unnecessary lights and reduce appliance and standby power usage.
- There are some rooms where lights just always seem to get left on—sometimes for hours or even days. Use motion sensors or programmable timers so those lights aren’t a drain on your wallet. Motion sensors can also turn exterior lights on and off, increasing efficiency even more.
- What if, in your hurry to get to the airport, you forget to tell your house that you’re leaving? No worries—you can change modes from just about anywhere using your phone, tablet or laptop.